When you’re launching a new startup, there are a million things to think about – and one of the most important is how you’re going to build your app. Do you want to start from scratch or use a pre-made template? In this blog post, we will weigh the pros and cons of each approach, so you can make the best decision for your business.
PROS of using a template:
1. Templates can be great for getting a generic minimum viable product version of an app up quickly. If you’re not sure about your app idea yet and just want to get something out there to test the waters, a template can be a good option.
2. Using a template can save you some money upfront. If you’re on a tight budget, starting with a template may allow you to stretch your dollars further.
CONS of using a template:
1. The lack of customization options can be limiting. With a template, what you see is what you get – and if there’s something you want to change or add, you may be out of luck.
2. Deceptive license agreements are common with templates. Be sure to read the fine print before purchasing a template, as you may find yourself inadvertently giving away ownership rights to your app.
3. Your app may not be as unique as you’d like. If everyone is using the same template, yours may get lost in the shuffle.
4. You could run into technical difficulties down the road. If you need to make changes or additions that are outside the scope of the original template, you may have trouble finding someone who knows how to help, since your app will be built on proprietary software.
So, what’s the verdict? We believe that building an app from scratch provides better customization options, higher security, and faster iteration of future features than using a template does. However, we understand that templates can be appealing because they offer quick turnaround time and require a less up-front investment. Overall, it’s important to choose the approach that makes the most sense for your business needs.
Need a custom-built Bubble app? Then reach out to us today and learn more about your options. A custom build is faster and less expensive than you think!